Data from Cisco shows that globally, video content will be 80 percent of all consumer Internet traffic by the year of 2019. With these types of statistics, marketers are now incorporating this new form of video into their content marketing strategies, and they’re doing it in multiple ways:
Brands can use live video streaming to:
• Give sneak peeks and behind the scenes videos of new products, services and company life
• Highlight products and services
• Inform consumers about deals and giveaways
• Interview executives, influencers and others
• Provide how-to tutorials
Video streaming allows viewers to see the personality of a brand in a way that they’ve never seen before. Both the viewer and brand can give and receive instant feedback on the messages they’re delivering, all within real-time streaming.
While real-time video sounds simple enough to operate, it’s important to consider these strategies when incorporating it into your overall marketing plan:
• Think about what message your brand is trying to convey to its audience — determine your goals and objectives before shooting.
• In order to attract your viewers and give them an idea of what you’re going to provide, pre-promote when and what you’ll be streaming. You can utilize your other social media channels to drive interest to your brand’s stream.
• Provide quality video — just because it’s real-time doesn’t mean you should ignore the quality of the video you are streaming. Use a tripod to avoid shaky video, ensure your Wi-Fi is working properly, record from the appropriate angle and make sure no loud background noises take away from the real message you’re trying to convey.
• Engage with your audience. With real-time video, you’re able to create real-time conversations with your viewers. Utilize this feature to really engage with your audience. An easy way to do this is by hosting Q&A sessions.
• While Meerkat and Periscope are both relatively new, brands are already able to obtain analytics. Use these analytics and tools to report on the engagement of your streams.
Video streaming is an extremely personal experience for both the viewers and their brands. Utilize this new trend and see what benefits it can bring to your company.